Crispy cheddar chicken

Last night I made an amazing dinner. I love finding new recipes on pinterest, especially when they turn out to be delicious. Last night I made crispy cheddar chicken. I did veer away from the recipe a little. I also made crescent roll wrapped asparagus as an appetizer that I found on pinterest too that was amazing. (I will post this recipe later this week)
Below is the recipe of how I made the crispy cheddar chicken. I served it with mash potatoes and corn. Ella even liked the chicken. So that is a win.



Ingredients:
1 lb chicken cut into small strips
2 cups crushed cheese itz crackers
10 oz can cream of mushroom soup
2 tbsp sour cream
2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
sprinkle of parsley

Directions:
1- Preheat over to 375 degrees. Spray baking dish with cooking spray.
2- Cut chicken into small strips.
3- Crush cheese itz crackers in a sandwich side zip lock bag.
4- Add milk to a small bowl.
5- Add shredded cheese to a small bowl
6- Line in order chicken, milk, cheese, crackers, baking dish.
7- Dip chicken in milk, then roll it in cheese, put in the back of cheese crackers and shake it. Then place in baking dish.
8- Repeat until all chicken is coated.
9- Top with remaining cheese and crackers.
10- Sprinkle lightly with parsley
11- Back for 20 to 30 minutes.
12- In a medium saucepan on medium heat combine cream of mushroom, sour cream, and butter.
13- Whisk until combined and warmed.
14- Once everything is finished plate chicken, and pour sauce over chicken.
15- Serve.


Next time I make it I won't be making the sauce. The sauce was really good, and worked out great on the mashed potatoes. The chicken alone was very moist and flavorful that you didn't need the added sauce. I think it kind of overpowered the flavor of the cheese itz.

Here is the link to the original recipe from Centsless Deals Blog. Crispy Cheddar Chicken

Whats one of your favorite chicken recipes?



No comments

Thanks for leaving some comment love.