Yard House Date Night

This past Saturday was a much need date night. It was Ella's weekend to be with her father and Brian's mom offered to take Austin overnight. It has been on the schedule for us to have a date night every month. We hadn't had once since the end of January, which was actually an awards banquet that Brian was required to be at anyways. We had originally planned on doing dinner and a movie and dessert, using gift cards we got for Christmas. After looking at the movies available we didn't see anything that interested us so we just saved the movie tickets for another time.


I can't tell you the last time I actually straightened my hair and put on make-up, well besides my eyes those are always done. It felt great to do a little primping for myself. 


Brian and I chose to go to Yard House for dinner. Our wait for a Saturday night was only 45 minutes, which I didn't think was horrible. We ended up walking around some shops while we waited.  


Since trying Poke for the first time a few months back, I am addicted. Any change I get the option to have it I order it. We decided on Poke Nachos. OMG they were amazing. I could have eaten 3 plates as my mean and been happy. (now all the fried nachos wouldn't have agreed with me the next day though) It also has Sriracha on it but wasn't to over powering. 


I ordered Maui Pineapple Chicken and also had a Pineapple Beer. I honestly would have not ordered the chicken if I would have known it was bone-in. However it was so moist and delicious. The sweet soy pineapple sauce on the side, I loved that I could just drip my fork in the sauce then get my chicken and have the flavor without having to much sauce. 


Brian ordered Peppered Crusted Filet. It came with Parmesan mash potatoes, asparagus, carrots, and a brandy shallot cream sauce. He loved it and inhaled it. You would have thought he hadn't eaten all day. He said it was the best steal that he has had in a long time. (making mention to the last time being 2 and a half years ago when we went to Disney World.) He also had a beer, I forgot which one,

Our waitress was awesome at dinner. We had absolutely no complaints what so ever and plan on going back again to Yard House to try all there tacos.

After dinner we ended up walking around Crocker Park for a little bit, wondering around Barnes and Nobles, then stopped in the Cheesecake factory for drinks and dessert.


I wasn't in the mood for another drink, I really just wanted a hot mocha latte or something along those lines. Then I saw on the menu a Espresso Martini. That got my pick and was delicious. 


The cheesecake I chose, which you know can be an absolute hard decision with all the options for cheesecakes they have to offer, was the Fresh Banana Cream Cheesecake. It was amazing. I only ended up eating 1/3 of it, which is fine since one slice is like 1200 calories. I don't understand how that can even be possible. 
Our service at the Cheesecake Factory was also great. Our waiter John, was awesome. We sat at a high top table, he knew we were only there for dessert and didn't treat us any different or give any looks. 

We ended up having a wonderful evening. Did a lot of talking that had been put off and enjoyed ourselves. Hopefully these date nights can continue once a month as planned. Unfortunately Austin didn't want to sleep and didn't really behave himself over Grandma's so he won't be having a sleepover there anytime soon. He needs to grow up some more and realize mom and dad will be coming back. Our date nights will just have to end with us picking him up, which I am completely fie with.

Do you and your significant other have any date night traditions?


No comments

Thanks for leaving some comment love.