Baked french toast

I have tried my fair share of Pinterest recipes that have not turned out as planned. Soggy bananas are not a hit besides in the bottom of the trash can. I found this recipe for baked french toast that looked delicious. 
I have to admit I am not a fan of french toast. I never really have been. It is soggy and I dont like "raw" eggs. (well besides cake batter) Brian loves french toast. He is always suggesting we have it for breakfast but I say no and come up with something else to make. When I found this recipe I decided I would give it a try and see how it went. 
Pinterest Score I loved it. 


This delicious recipe originally came from Bargain Briana 

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Ingredients
  • 6 eggs
  • 3 cups skim milk
  • 1 cup maple syrup
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 5 slices of bread, cut/torn into cubes
  • 2 cups of blueberries, fresh or frozen
  • 3 tablespoons sugar
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Combine beaten eggs, milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt.
  2. Add bread and mix.
  3. Stir in blueberries.
  4. Pour mixture into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
  5. Sprinkle sugar and additional cinnamon on top of the mixture.
  6. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes until golden.

Make it and tell me what you think. 


No comments

Thanks for leaving some comment love.